Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Week 7

I really enjoyed class this week, especially Tuesday.  I've been thinking about majoring in industrial design, and I loved seeing first-hand what people have done with their degree.  I've been wondering what the work-load of the program entails if I were to major in design, and I really liked what I saw.  I would love developing new products in the fashion that the guys from Cobego have.  I was very worried that my poor drawing skills would hold me back, especially with the entrance exam, but I feel alot better about it now.  I know I'll still have to get better and do it often, but I feel like it won't be that huge of a crutch for me.  Thanks for bringing in the guys from Cobego.  I really enjoyed their presentation, and feel like they gave a really important sense of what it's like to graduate with a design degree from OSU.  And the marshmallow challenge was fun too.  I've done the challenge before, but every time I've done it there's been variations in the materials used, so it's fun to see what designs work and don't work with what you're given.

1 comment:

  1. Tuesday? Did I miss that class? ;-) Assuming you meant Monday.

    ReplyDelete