Sunday, January 16, 2011

Patterns

Here is a picture of one of the chairs in the common-room of my dorm taken on sunday, 1/16.  I liked that the pattern is more than just circles of each color, but actually has the look of waves that connect the purple circles together.
I found this on a table in the Thompson Library on saturday, 1/15.  I've always been attracted to wood grain because I like it's "rustic" look. We have alot of open wood grain furniture in our house.

This one is a picture of one of the walls in Thompson Library on saturday, 1/15.  Even this one may not seem much like a pattern, I really liked the great contrast between the width of the stripes in the middle section. I makes a view of the whole wall really cool.

These bricks are outside oval and I also found them on saturday, 1/15.  Even though the bricks aren't supposed to be this color, I really like the way the road salt has melted and dried to make the outside of each brick white.  This accentuates the black space between the brick, and makes it so much more interesting.

This is a picture of the outside of the Psychology building on saturday, 1/15.  I liked the way the pattern varies with the taller pieces on top, and on bottom of the thin sections.  The way the window fits into the section gives it that certain element and makes it unique.

This is a picture of the fence surrounding the construction area and Cunz Hall taken on saturday, 1/15.  I liked the fact that we could only see one side of the chain length fence.  The diagonal shiny steel looks sweet against the strips of green plastic.

These bricks make up the pathway from the Thompson Library to the RPAC.  the picture was taken on saturday, 1/15.  I liked the way each row of the bricks changes, and is different than the normal brick pattern where all the bricks face the same way.  It's simple, but I like it alot better than the traditional style.

This is a picture of the fence surrounding the tennis courts by the RPAC taken on saturday, 1/15.  I liked how you could see both diagonals of green coated metal of the fence, and how the black tarp behind it had stripes of it's own.

This is another picture of a chair in the common-room of my dorm taken on sunday, 1/16.  It's kind of hard to see in this  picture, but i like the way the fabric itself adds texture to each stripe instead of them being solely solid color.  Without touching it you can tell that it has a raised texture just from the way the stripes look.

This one is my favorite pattern.  I found it on sunday, 1/16 and it's a picture of the chairs in Morril Tower Fresh Express.  I liked how they threw one circle of a different color to help break up the pattern.  Depending on what you concentrate on, you can see many different things within this pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment